Below are links to publications, tools and videos which have been used in CoLab sessions or shared on this blog. Do let us know about your favourite co-production resources so that we can add them here.
For a great grounding in co-production you might like to get yourself a copy of Edgar Cahn’s book, No More Throw Away People: The Co-Production Imperative
There some great papers in this book which you can download for free: Towards Peer Production in Public Services: cases from Finland
Some extracts from Edgar Cahn’s book have been posted on this blog:
- Co-production: the X-factor
- “Co” does not necessarily mean equal
- Co-production: a construct, a process and a set of standards
- Core values of co-production
- Inclusion North have developed a great, accessible co-production self-reflection tool
- The New Economic Foundation have a more detailed self-assessment framework aimed at people who work in organisations – you can download the the introduction and the worksheets
- Cornwall Council have adapted this – we used their self-assessment framework in a CoLab Exchange session
This 6 minute animation of The Parable of the Blobs and Squares conveys key messages from Edgar Cahn’s No More Throw Away People.
This 3 minute animation from Spice offers a quick introduction to co-production