Share Fest is an exciting opportunity to create and connect 50+ opportunities to share through practical, enjoyable activities across the whole of Dudley borough.
Come along to a Share Fest co-design session to be inspired by imaginative projects invented by local people around the world and explore ways that you might add your ideas, skills and talents to Share Fest. Over 30 people are already involved in co-designing projects and activities to take place during Share Fest.
- plan a Big Lunch where you live or work
- teach a Trade School class
- start a Garden for Everyone on or near your street
- exhibit your art through Creative Connect
- stitch, solder or saw at the Repair Cafe
- suggest a project to pitch at Dudley SOUP
or invent something completely new using our Activate toolkit. Click below to register on upcoming co-design sessions.
What to expect
- A warm welcome.
- A relaxed, friendly session.
- Support to get your ideas off the ground.
- Lots of opportunities to be part of Share Fest in June.
- An Activate project design toolkit to take home.
These sessions are for you if:
– You feel there could be more opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to do things together.
– You are open to inspiration and learning from other places.
– You who want to try starting something small with other people where you live.
– You want to start with people’s passions and skills, and design activities which are enjoyable to many people.
– You are interested in hands-on doing with people, e.g. cooking, learning, making, sharing, repairing.
– You can see potential to recombine existing resources in new and exciting ways so that small project activities don’t need cumbersome structures, committees or funding to sustain.
This will be less relevant to you if:
– Your interests are focused on people in need and ways to get and direct resources to them.
– You want to create activities which bring together people who have something in common other than where they live: for example you want to start something which is only for older people, or for people with the same health condition.
– You are involved in an existing club, group or charity and are seeking ways to develop your offer or support to your members or beneficiaries.
If any or all of the above 3 describe you, we suggest getting involved in CoLab Learning Labs instead. The content in those is more applicable across many contexts. Activate is designed for for a particular kind of conversation and activity.