Hot on the heels of Do Fest in March, we’re launching Share Fest!
Do Fest, our 3 day festival in March, showed that there is a huge appetite for making, learning and sharing together in Dudley. What would it be like to take this idea out across Dudley borough for 10 days?
Share Fest is an exciting opportunity to create and connect 50+ opportunities to share through practical, enjoyable activities across the whole of Dudley borough between Friday 9 June and Sunday 18 June.
10 ways to bring Share Fest to the place you live
- Come along to a Share Fest co-design session this month to be inspired by imaginative projects invented by local people around the world and get support to start something during Share Fest.
- Sign up to teach a Trade School class during Share Fest.
- Start a Garden for Everyone. June is a great time to start growing herbs, salad leaves, radishes, peas, carrots, courgettes, kale and more from seed outdoors.
- Host a pop-up Crafternoon in a local coffee shop or community space. We can help you promote it. Crafters bring their own projects, share and learn skills, swap tips and get inspiration from each other.
- Organise a Big Lunch where you live or work. You can get a free Big Lunch starter pack from the Eden Project. If you’re already planning to get your neighbours or colleagues sharing food at a Big Lunch let us know if you want it to be part of Share Fest.
- Offer your sewing, soldering or sawing skills at the launch of Dudley’s Repair Cafe on Saturday 10 June.
- Create a piece of art around the theme of sharing to bring to Creative Connect during Share Fest.
- Host a plant swap in your street (there are lots of useful tips in this blog post)
- If you run a community building, cafe or coffee shop or have another great communal space, offer rooms or outside areas for use by local projects. (Get in touch if you’d like to let us know that your space might be available – contact details below.)
- Be a Share Fest Co-Curator in your town or place: offer support to people so that there are a great range of Share Fest activities where you live. Contact Lorna if you’d like to know more about this role: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/message 07501 722255